This Beef Stroganoff recipe is made with beef strips smothered in gravy – a mixture of mushrooms and sour cream. A quick and tasty dinner or snack that everybody in the family will love!
600 grams of beef strips
300 grams of mushrooms (sliced)
2/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons each vegetable oil and flour
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 large onion
salt and pepper
300 grams of pasta (for serving)
chopped chives (for garnish)
- Season beef strips with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add beef strips and cook for about 30 seconds on each side. Put them on a plate and set aside.
- Add butter and wait until it is melted. Stir in onions and cook for about a minute, then add mushrooms. Cook until golden.
- Add flour and stir for a minute, then pour half of the broth and mix well. Once combined, add the remaining broth.
- Stir in sour cream and mustard. Bring to simmer and reduce heat to low. It should thicken in about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the beef back to the skillet. Allow to simmer and remove from heat.
- Serve over pasta or noodles of your choice and garnish with chopped chives.
For the beef, boneless ribeye or fillet steak would be great. When cooking the mushrooms, it is highly recommended that you scrape the bottom of the skillet to get all those golden brown tidbits as those will add to the flavor.
- Cuisine: Russian, Western