Moist and fluffy Banana Loaf Cake – that’s exactly what this recipe will give you…It’s a perfect treat for breakfast, snack time, or even after dinner.
2 large bananas
2 large eggs
1/4 c. sour cream
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. grated lemon
2 c. sifted cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
10 tbsp. unsalted butter
3/4 c. sugar + 2 tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9X5-inch loaf pan.
- Using a small bowl, mash bananas and mix with sour cream. Add eggs, grated lemon, and vanilla. Combine well and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Add butter.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for about an hour
- Let cool and remove from the pan.
To make your banana loaf cake more appealing, you can dust it with powdered sugar. This will also add a little bit more sweetness.