This Baked Feta Pasta recipe is so simple but very flavorful. The secret? Roasting a block of feta cheese along with lots of cherry tomatoes in the oven. Salty, cheesy, delicious…..and magical!
8 ounces pasta of choice
2 pints cherry tomatoes
Block (8 oz) of feta cheese
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 c. packed chopped fresh basil (add more for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish and then pour the olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Place the block of feta cheese in the middle of the baking dish. Surround it with cherry tomatoes. Flip the cheese a few times to coat it with the oil as well as the seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the cheese melts and the cherry tomatoes burst.
- To cook the pasta, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, following the instructions indicated on the packaging.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining just in case you want to add some to the pasta later on.
- Once the cheese and tomatoes are ready, add the garlic and basil immediately.
- Toss everything to combine. Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Garnish with more fresh basil if desired.
- Serve warm.
- For best results, I suggest you follow the recipe as is. You can use any pasta that you want, even the gluten-free version. If you do not have cherry tomatoes, you can utilize regular whole tomatoes or canned diced tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes