Start your day with a simple, yet very delicious and healthy breakfast treat – avocado toast with an egg. And with a little secret, you can give this meal an extra edge.
1 ripe avocado
2 slices of wheat bread
1 garlic clove (cut in half and leave the skin on)
salt and pepper
hard-boiled egg (half)
chopped parsley or cilantro (for garnish)
- Cut the avocado in half and get rid of the seed.
- Toast bread.
- Gently rub the toast with the garlic.
- Scoop avocado flesh out and mush it onto the toast.
- Put the egg on top.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Squeeze over a little bit of the fresh lemon juice, add olive oil, and garnish with parsley or cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Make sure to rub the toast with the cut side of the garlic while the bread is still hot.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cuisine: American