Coconut Shrimp is a restaurant favorite – sweet, crunchy, and savory. Make it using an air fryer, and you can enjoy all the benefits of little to no oil.
12 oz. medium shrimp (uncooked, peeled, and deveined)
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1/3 c. panko bread crumbs
2/3 c. flaked coconut (unsweetened)
1/4 c. each lime juice and honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1 serrano chile (thinly sliced)
2 tsp. cilantro (chopped)
- Using a shallow dish, combine pepper and flour. Get another shallow dish and lightly beat the eggs. Dredge each shrimp in the flour mixture then in the beaten eggs followed by the coconut mixture. Place on a plate and coat with cooking spray.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put half of the shrimps in the air fryer and cook for about 3 minutes or until golden. Flip them and cook for another 3 minutes. Do the same thing with the remaining shrimps.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce by mixing the honey, serrano chile, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving if desired.
If you do not have a serrano chile available, you can replace it with 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper instead.