This delicious Affogato Chocolate Mousse recipe is gluten-free. It is a perfect dessert for special gatherings.
100 ml good-quality espresso
300g ready-made fresh custard
150g dark chocolate (chopped)
3 large egg whites
1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Mix the espresso, chopped chocolate, and custard in a pan over low heat. Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and transfer the mixture into a bowl and let it cool off.
- Using a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and add a little bit of salt and sugar.
- Add about 1/3 of the beaten eggs into the custard mixture and gently fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Divide the mixture between 6 ramekins or glasses. Shake gently to flatten the tops.
- Chill for about 4 hours and then dust with cocoa powder before serving.
For better results, chill the chocolate mousse overnight.