The authentic Asian fried rice…mixed with various seasonings and loaded with veggies…It’s the BEST!
4 cups of cooked rice
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion (diced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
3 large eggs
2 medium carrots (diced)
1 cup green peas
3 tablespoons soy sauce (low-sodium)
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
sliced green onions (for garnish)
- Using a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Scramble the eggs, remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter into the pan and cook carrots as well as onions for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add the rice and peas. Saute for up to 5 minutes.
- Put the eggs back into the skillet, stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
When sauteing the rice, it would be better to have it brown a little bit.
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Asian