Super easy pan-fried salmon with sumptuous and delicious homemade teriyaki sauce, served with either rice or veggies.
4 salmon fillets
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/8 cup water
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 tsp. ginger (minced)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tsp. cornstarch
green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Add water.
- Set aside half of the mixture. Use the other half to marinate the salmon fillets for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium or large skillet, heat oil and fry the salmon fillets in batches.
- Put the marinade that you set aside in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl and add to the marinade. Wait until the mixture thickens.
- Glaze the salmon with the teriyaki sauce and sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions.
The amount of brown sugar depends on how sweet you want the teriyaki sauce to be. You can eat the salmon teriyaki as is or served with rice or vegetables like green beans. The indicated prep time includes marination.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Asian