Rose Turkish Delight may seem exotic, but it is a simple way of surprising your loved ones come dessert time. Who wouldn’t be surprised with exotic flavors and adorable chewy texture?
375 grams of caster sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
25 grams of gelatine powder
25 grams of icing sugar
100 grams cornflour
2 to 3 tablespoons of rosewater
pink food coloring
- Fill a pan with about 300ml of water and add lemon juice and sugar. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine about 200 ml of water with gelatine and 75 grams of cornflour and then pour the mixture into the pan. Stir until gelatine is dissolved as well.
- Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes until the mixture gets thick.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Once cool enough, add food coloring and rosewater.
- Combine icing sugar and remaining cornflour in a bowl. Use this to dust a greased silicone pan.
- Pour in the Turkish delight mixture and let it set, around 4 hours.
- Once set, slice into cubes, about 20 pieces.
- Coat each piece in the remaining flour mixture.
If you intend to store your Rose Turkish delight, keep them in an airtight container. But be sure to consume them within 7 days.