These Polish Cabbage Rolls would give you a taste of Poland…They are amazing, incredible, healthy, and very delicious!
1 head green cabbage
1 pound ground pork
1/2 pound ground beef
1 cup uncooked rice
2 small onions (diced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon dillweed
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes (undrained)
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1 can (10.5 oz) tomato soup
- Boil cabbage leaves until soft (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook rice following the directions indicated on the packaging, but undercook it for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute onions, garlic, beef, pork, and seasonings. Drain excess fat and add rice, diced tomatoes, and 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper, and then add the egg.
- Using a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce with tomato soup. Spread a thin layer of the mixture in a 9X13 pan.
- Get a cabbage leaf, lay it flat, and add 1/3 cup filling to the center. Fold in the sides and then roll the cabbage up. Put it in the pan with the seam facing down. Repeat steps with the remaining cabbage leaves.
- Pour sauce over the cabbage rolls and cover with foil. Bake for up to 90 minutes and allow to cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
You can replace the ground pork with ground turkey.