This Lemon Meringue Pie recipe may seem simple, but not when it comes to the taste. With the flaky pie crust and the balanced sweetness of the filling, it’s simply irresistible! Perfect for any occasion!
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c. water
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. butter
2 lemons (seedless, juiced, and zested)
4 large egg yolks (beaten)
4 large egg whites
6 tbsp. white sugar
1 pie crust (9-inch), baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Make the filling:
- Mix together sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and water. Bring to a boil while frequently stirring over medium-high heat and then add water.
- Put the egg yolks in a small bowl and add about 1/2 cup of the sugar mixture. Add back to the rest of the hot sugar mixture.
- Continue cooking until thick.
- Remove from heat and pour into the baked pastry shell.
3. Make the meringue:
- Whip egg whites until foamy in a large bowl. Slowly add sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
When spreading meringue over the pie, be sure to seal the edges at the crust.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: American