Feeling blue? This kadhi pakora will surely brighten up your day. Imagine the soupy curry loaded with pakoras. It is comfort food at its finest!
Kadhi yogurt base:
1 c. gram flour
1 1/2 c. yogurt
1 1/2 c. water
4 tbsp. oil
10–12 kadhi patta (curry leaves)
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1 1/2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp. kashmiri lal mirch
3 c. water
salt, to taste
2 c. gram flour
salt, to taste
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 c. water
1/2 tsp. coriander seeds
1 tsp. kashmiri lal mirch
1 green chili (chopped)
1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
1.4 c. fresh coriander (chopped)
1/4 c. oil
1 small onion (thinly sliced)
3 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
4 to 5 whole red chilies
1 tsp. cumin seeds
8 to 10 curry leaves
- Add gram flour, yogurt, and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and then add the curry leaves, cumin seeds, and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add the turmeric powder, kashmiri lal mirch, and salt. Stir well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and cook on low heat for about 2 to 2.5 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Add the gram flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium pot and mix well.
- Gradually add water. Stir well to form a smooth batter.
- Add red chili powder, coriander seeds, green chili, and fresh coriander. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry pakoras until golden and crispy.
- Add the fried pakoras to the kadhi. Cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Add oil to a frying pan. Cook onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add whole red chilies and mix.
- Add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Mix well.
- Add the tadka to the kadhi pakora.
- You can serve this dish with rice or roti.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes