This tasty chicken skewers recipe would be the star of your barbecue party. With the combination of honey and marinating ingredients, the result would be something delightful. A taste of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine.
8 chicken breast halves (skinless, boneless, and cut into cubes)
5 small onions (cut into 2-inch pieces)
2 red bell peppers (cut into 2-inch pieces)
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Using a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, honey, and pepper. Reserve a little bit of the marinade so you will have something to brush the chicken with while grilling later on.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade along with the onions, garlic, and bell peppers. Put it into the fridge and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill.
- Drain marinade and start threading the chicken alternately onto the skewers.
- Brush a little bit of oil onto the grill grate, arrange the skewers, and grill for about 15 minutes. Make sure that both sides get cooked.
Marinating the chicken longer than 2 hours would yield better results. So if you can marinate overnight, that would be a lot better. While grilling, frequently brush the chicken skewers with the reserved marinade.
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Mediterranean