This Spiced Lamb Pilaf recipe is something that you can proudly serve to your family members, friends, and guests. It is an excellent main course for a weekend dinner or even when you are having a party. It is packed with flavors and really delicious. This Pilaf is a great way to enjoy rice!
500 grams lamb (shredded)
450 grams of basmati rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 large onion (finely chopped)
8 cardamom pods (crushed)
1 large cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 lamb stock cubes
100 grams raisins
5 spring onions (finely chopped)
3 tomatoes (deseeded and roughly chopped)
small bunch parsley (roughly chopped)
small bunch coriander (roughly chopped)
50 grams of almonds (flaked, toasted)
200 ml natural yogurt (for serving)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and spices, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Boil about 1.2 liters of water and add the stock cubes.
- Put the rice and shredded lamb in the pan and stir well to coat the grains with the oil and spices. Add to the stock and bring to a boil on low heat. Cook until the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and add the raisins, tomatoes, herbs, and spring onions. Mix well.
- Top with herbs and almonds. Drizzle with yogurt before serving.
Add a little bit more parsley and coriander for serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes