These Danish Butter Cookies taste like the ones from Royal Dansk – that iconic blue tin. They are buttery and delicious. They can give you all the holiday warm feels. Just pair them with your choice of hot beverage, and you are in for an excellent treat!
I cup butter (unsalted, room temperature)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
more granulated sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar for a couple of minutes until combined and fluffy. Add the salt, egg, and vanilla. Beat for another 1 to 2 minutes. Use medium speed.
- Reduce the speed and start adding the flour, but do it gradually. Make sure that the flour is completely incorporated and the dough is thick.
- Put the dough in a bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Pipe the dough into circles (about 2 inches) on the prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Put the baking sheet one at a time in the oven and bake for about 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving.
If you don’t have parchment paper, you can also use silicone mats for the baking sheets.