Made with tofu cubes and a savory maple-soy glaze, this dish is perfect for a quick dinner. It is easy to make, yet very healthy and delicious.
1 block firm tofu (about 12 oz.)
1/4 c. gluten-free soy sauce
3 tbsps. each pure maple syrup and unseasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 c. vegetable oil or canola oil
1 1/2 piece ginger (thinly sliced)
- Cut the tofu block and create about 10 squares. You can also cut it in smaller cubes if you wish to.
- In a small bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing maple syrup with soy sauce, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough, carefully add the tofu cubes and cook them for about 5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the oil from the pan.
- Add the maple-soy mixture to cooked tofu. Reduce heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange tofu on a platter and drizzle glaze.
You can garnish this dish with kimchi, sliced scallions, or toasted sesame seeds. Serve over rice if desired.