Deep-fried potato wedges or fries coated with chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, and vinegar…This Crispy Honey Chili Potato recipe makes a great entree on your dinner table be it during a special gathering or ordinary day.
2 potatoes (wedges)
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
oil for deep frying
2 teaspoons oil
1-inch ginger (finely chopped)
1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
2 green chilis (slit)
4 tablespoons spring onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon chili sauce
1/4 onions (petals)
2 tablespoons each tomato sauce and soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon sesame (roasted)
- In a deep cooking pot, heat about 2 teaspoons of oil and saute garlic, ginger, chili, and spring onion. Add onions and capsicum and saute some more.
- Add chili sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and salt, and saute on high flame for about 30 seconds.
- Mix cornflour in water and make sure that there are no lumps. Pour it into the pot and stir continuously. Once it is translucent, turn the heat off, add honey, and mix well.
- Add fried potatoes and mix.
- Add spring onions as well as roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
You can serve this dish on its own or with fried rice.