This creamy carbonara using spaghetti pasta is so easy to make. It only requires bacon, eggs, and parmesan cheese. A mixture of simple ingredients, giving you a tasty dinner!
340 grams of spaghetti pasta
1 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
3 large eggs
8 slices of bacon
2 cloves garlic (minced)
salt and pepper to taste
freshly chopped parsley (for garnish)
- In salted water, cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Once cooked, reserve one cup of the water and get rid of the rest.
- Combine eggs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Cook bacon until crispy in a skillet. Line a plate with a paper towel and put the cooked bacon on it.
- Using the same skillet, cook garlic for about a minute. Add the cooked pasta and make sure that every piece gets evenly coated with the bacon fat.
- Add the egg and cheese mixture. Stir well until creamy, but be sure not to scramble the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked bacon.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
After pouring the eggs and cheese mixture, you can add a little bit of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary. You can also garnish the carbonara with flaky sea salt, olive oil, and more Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Cuisine: Italian