With the right level of spice, one bite and you’d surely fall in love with this classic chili con carne recipe.
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup beef stock
canned crush tomatoes (28 oz)
canned kidney beans (14.5 oz)
2 tablespoons each olive oil, ground cumin, dried oregano, smoked paprika, and tomato paste
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 large onion (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if desired)
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley (chopped)
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat olive oil, and cook onion and garlic.
- Add the ground beef and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until it is no longer pink.
- Stir in cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, paprika, and tomato paste. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and beef stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped parsley and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 hours until the chili thickens.
You can serve chili con carne topped with grated cheddar cheese.