These chocolate crinkle cookies are chocolatey and decadently rich. They have some features of brownies and chocolate cake. They’d literally melt in your mouth! You’d love them for sure!
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Blend together granulated sugar and oil in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add in cocoa powder and blend well.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Remove a portion of the dough from the fridge at a time to work with and let the remaining dough chill.
- Shape the dough into balls, about 1 inch each.
- Roll in powdered sugar and arrange on prepared baking sheets. Space them 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for about 10 to 13 minutes or until nearly set.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- You can also refrigerate the dough overnight.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, use silicone liners.
- The crinkles should be soft when touched and appear slightly under-baked.