There is nothing more comforting than having a bowl of this vegetable chicken soup when you are not feeling well or even if you simply want to warm up on a chilly night. With shredded chicken and some vegetables, the health benefits are amazing!
10 c. chicken broth
4 c. shredded chicken
4 medium carrots (cut)
3 medium celery stalks (sliced)
2 medium potatoes (cut)
salt and pepper
- Put the chicken broth in a large pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add carrots, celery, as well as potatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the veggies are cooked and tender. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
You have the option to prepare the broth and chicken ahead of time. Make the soup base and simply store in an airtight container. Do the same thing with the shredded chicken. You can make both ingredients 2 to 3 days in advance.