This delicious dish involves healthy soba noodles mixed with stir-fried broccoli as well as shiitake mushrooms. It also comes with a savory ponzu sauce. You can even add some tofu if you wish to.
1 lb. broccoli florets
4 oz. soba noodles
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
8 oz. shiitake mushrooms (stemmed and sliced)
1/4 c. ponzu
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Zest from 1/2 lemon
Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the broccoli florets and cook for about 30 to 60 seconds or until the stems are bright and green. Remove from water using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Bring the water back to a boil. Cook the soba noodles, following the package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes without stirring.
- Reduce the heat to medium, stir, and then add the broccoli and ponzu. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add the remaining butter and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir and garnish with lemon zest and sesame seeds.
- Fill bowls with soba noodles and top with broccoli and mushroom mixture.
- Watch closely when cooking the mushrooms and make sure that they don’t stick to the pan and burn.
- Add more ponzu if necessary.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes