Super Moist Carrot Cake With Frosting
Aside from blueberry cheesecake, carrot cake is my favorite. I just can’t get enough of it, especially if it is really moist. I so love the texture, thanks to the chopped walnuts! And, of course, I like mine with frosting. 🙂
What’s There to Love With Carrots?
Well, there are actually thousands of reasons to love this vegetable. They are crunchy and tasty. Aside from their attractive bright color, carrots are also incredibly healthy. They are rich in beta carotene, which makes their color stand out.
Beta carotene is the precursor of vitamin A, which is very much needed for healthy skin, a strong immune system, and good vision. Carrots are loaded with other vitamins, minerals, and fiber. So if you are aiming to lose weight, you need to add this type of vegetable to your diet. You can eat them raw, incorporate into various dishes, or make a dessert, such as a carrot cake.
You might be hesitant because usually, cakes have high sugar content. If you are buying a cake from the store, yes, you are not really sure how much sugar is there. But if you opt to make your own at home, then you can easily control the amount of sugar. Plus, you have the freedom to substitute some of the ingredients.Print
Moist, flavorful, naturally sweet…That’s exactly what you can expect from this carrot cake recipe…Plus, it comes with delicious frosting, too!
6 c. carrots (grated)
4 large eggs
1 1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. each raisin, vegetable oil, and drained, crushed pineapple
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. salt
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. walnuts (chopped)
- Combine grated carrots and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside for about an hour before adding the raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare two 10-inch cake pans. Grease and flour each.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add vanilla, white sugar, oil, and pineapple. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, cinnamon, flour, and baking soda. Mix with the wet ingredients. Add the carrot mixture as well as the walnuts.
- Pour evenly into the cake pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- Add the cream cheese frosting once completely cooled.
To make sure that the cake is done, test using a toothpick. You can also design the cake in any way you want.
- Prep Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Keep in mind that greasing and flouring the cake pan is very important. This is one key to achieving a moist carrot cake. This should help easily remove the cake from the pan later on.
As for the frosting, be generous! 🙂 Add a thick layer of cream cheese frosting as this what makes this dessert more flavorful. You can also add light orange icing if you wish, too. If you are not a fan of walnuts, you can substitute them with toasted pecans or even macadamia nuts.
Enjoy your super moist carrot cake with frosting! 🙂