This Spinach Frittata makes a lovely breakfast meal. It is also an excellent option for brunch, lunch, or even a light dinner. Stuffed with baby spinach or regular spinach with delicious cheeses, your meal will certainly be more delightful than you think. Plus, it is super healthy!
9 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese (grated)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 c. onion (chopped)
1 large clove garlic (minced)
8 oz. fresh spinach (chopped)
2 oz. goat cheese
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Whisk together eggs, Parmesan cheese, and milk in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and then set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, heat olive oil. Add the onions and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the spinach and mix using a thong. Once the spinach starts to wilt, you can add more as long as there is still room in the pan.
- Once the spinach has wilted, spread the egg mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the Parmesan mixture over the spinach and onions.
- Sprinkle goat cheese over the frittata.
- Reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook the frittata for about 10 to 13 minutes or until all but the center is set.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the frittata for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- You can use fresh baby or regular spinach.
- The sun-dried tomatoes can be omitted.
- Make sure to use an oven-proof skillet.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes