This braised beef recipe would give you tender and flavorful meat that you can serve during Christmas or New Year’s eve. With its juiciness and good flavor, you would want to make it every single day!
2 pounds beef brisket or chuck (cubed)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 stalk celery (chopped)
1 medium Spanish onion (diced)
1 medium carrot (peeled and chopped)
1 cup red wine
3 cups beef stock
1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a cooking pot.
- Add onion and saute until soft.
- Add the dried thyme and beef. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in red wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the beef stock and simmer until the meat gets tender enough.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- You can utilize a Crockpot and slow cook for about 4 to 5 hours.
- You can also cook on low heat using a stovetop or burner. This would take about 2 1/2 hours.