If you have a little celebration at home, a pumpkin cheesecake can be the perfect dessert for dinner. This crunchy and creamy pumpkin cheesecake is also prepped up with the savory flavor of fall spices that will surely add enjoyment to any occasion.
Read the recipe procedures below and see for yourself that it is not as challenging as you first thought.Print
You were surely intimidated by the total time required for preparing a pumpkin cheesecake when going over recipe books. With more than twelve hours before a pumpkin cheesecake can be ready for serving, you might think that it takes a lot of effort to bake it. You will realize though that it’s not!
13 pieces of Graham crackers, 200 grams
4 tablespoons of unsalted melted butter, 56 grams
¼ cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 lbs. of cream cheese, 1.13 kg, or 4 packs at room temperature
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of sugar, 200 grams
¾ cup of brown sugar, 150 grams
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 10 ml
5 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1 cup of pumpkin puree, 225 grams
¾ cups of sour cream
½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, freshly grated
¼ pinch of ginger
¼ teaspoon of allspice, optional
¼ teaspoon of cardamom, optional
How to make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using your food processor, pulse Graham crackers until broken down into tiny pieces. Add sugar and cinnamon and blend until thoroughly mixed. Pour in melted butter while pulsing. To make sure that butter is mixed well, remove blades and mix again.
- In a springform pan, transfer mixture. Press using the base of a glass or measuring cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven until darker or fragrant or for approximately 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from oven and adjust the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the crust is cooled, cover the base and sides with 2 layers of wide foil to keep water from seeping in.
How to make the filling:
- In a stand mixer with a mixing attachment, mix cream cheese at medium speed until creamy.
- Add salt and sugar until completely mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time. Make sure that mixture is well-mixed before adding the other.
- When the mixture is smooth, sprinkle in the flour and add pumpkin puree, sour cream, vanilla, and spices. Mix well until there are no unmixed particles.
- Pour the mixture into the foil-wrapped springform pan until 2/3 filled.
- Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan filled with 1 inch boiling water and transfer to oven.
- Bake until set, with the center still wobbly or for about 60 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the cake rest inside the closed oven for another 1 hour. Cool cake after removing until room temperature. Cover with a paper towel or any clean towel and chill overnight.
- To remove the cake from the pan easily and without deforming it, run a knife around the edges before releasing it.
- You may garnish with whipped cream before slicing and serving it.
- When mixing ingredients always see to it that all ingredients are well mixed. This will ensure that your filling will be smooth, soft, and creamy. And when you close the oven after turning it off, do not be so excited to open it as the rush of fresh air can lead to some bad results.
- Never forget to reduce the oven heat so that the cake will not rise excessively. Ensure to complete the 12-hour chilling time so there will be any difficulty when slicing it.
While we may not run out from all the various kinds of cheesecakes out there, having a pumpkin cheesecake is a different experience. With its distinct taste, it gives us a different perspective about cheesecakes. Cheesecakes are not all the same and a pumpkin cheesecake is a worthy variation.