This mozzarella cheese stick recipe is very simple, yet it yields a filling snack. Say cheese!
16 oz. mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs
1/4 c. water
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/3 c. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Mix eggs and water in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic salt and bread crumbs.
- Blend cornstarch and flour in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- First, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Once the mozzarella sticks are cooked for about 30 seconds or until golden brown, remove them from the pan and drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Method: Frying