Wanna warm up? Try making some hot toddies! This classic cocktail couldn’t be easier to make. All you need is hot water, tea, honey, and lemon. It is one of the best drinks you could offer to your friends and family members if you want to just hang out on those chilly nights.
1 cup of water
1 tea bag (black or green tea)
1 tbsp. honey
1 1/2 oz. brandy
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (add more if needed)
Lemon wedge (for garnish)
Cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- Heat the water. You can do this using a tea kettle or the microwave.
- Once the water is warm enough, add the tea bag and allow it to steep for about 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the tea, add warm water to your Irish coffee glass to heat it up.
- Once the glass is warm, get rid of the warm water and then coat the bottom with honey.
- Add the liquor plus the lemon juice to the glass.
- Fill with the brewed tea and stir well to incorporate the honey.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and cinnamon stick.
- Serve and enjoy your Hot Toddy!
- Instead of using a teabag, you can also utilize 1 teaspoon loose leaf tea.
- You can replace the brandy with either rum or whiskey.
- You have the freedom to add as much lemon as you like. Although one lemon wedge should be good enough, feel free to add a little extra citrus.
- Preheating your glass helps keep the glass warm. Instead of filling it with warm water, you can also warm it up for about 5 to 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes