Broccoli Cheese Casserole
A casserole is always a crowd favorite. Since it is fast and convenient to make, it has become a Midwestern staple. There are many things that you can put in a casserole – beef, chicken, rice, pasta, tomatoes, mushrooms, wine, fresh or dried herbs, and many more. You can put pretty much anything in it!
Now, if you feel like having vegetables tonight, you can easily pull a delicious vegetable casserole together. You can use broccoli and cheese as the main ingredients. Oh, you will love this dish. I am very sure of that! It could be your main course or side dish. Either way, you will certainly enjoy every bite.
If you are a vegetarian, this would be the perfect dinner meal for you. We all know how healthy broccoli is. Just imagine how it would taste along with seasoned cheddar and cream cheese sauce. Yummy!!! Broccoli and cheese are a classic combination. You can rest assured that even the kids would love it. In fact, this dish would encourage the young ones to eat more veggies.
Another good thing about Broccoli Cheese Casserole is that you can make it ahead of time. It’s super easy to make!Print
This Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe is creamy and savory. It’s fast, convenient, and definitely a crowd-pleaser! In fact, it’s one of the favorites!
1 1/2 lbs. broccoli florets
8 oz. cream cheese (cubed, room temperature)
1 c. cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/4 c. parmesan cheese (grated)
1/4 c. sour cream
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
crushed red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking dish (2.5 to 3 quart) with butter. Set aside.
- Bring 1/2 inch of salted water using a large skillet to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain broccoli to the greased baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add mixture to the broccoli. Mix well.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and rest for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes. Serve.
Cover the skillet when cooking the broccoli so it would cook faster.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
If you are making this dish ahead of time, simply cook the broccoli in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, transfer to a baking dish, and add the cheese mixture. Let it cool completely before putting it in the fridge. Once ready to bake, stir everything together first before putting it in a preheated oven.
As for leftovers, store them in an airtight container. If the baking dish comes with a lid, just cover it and store it in the fridge. It should be good for up to 3 days.
This Broccoli Cheese Casserole is sooo delicious. I highly recommend that you make at least two batches! 🙂